Published by Christian on Thu, 06/11/2015 - 11:10
Just added Rational Funtioan Tester to my Test Automation comparison matrix.
See the matrix here:
Here is what IBM introduces RFT with:
IBM Rational Functional Tester is an automated functional testing and regression testing tool. This software provides automated testing capabilities for functional, regression, GUI, and data-driven testing. Rational Function Tester supports a range of applications, such as web-based, .Net, Java, Siebel, SAP, terminal emulator-based applications, PowerBuilder, Ajax, Adobe Flex, Dojo Toolkit, GEF, Adobe PDF documents, zSeries, iSeries, and pSeries.
- Storyboard testing: Simplifies test visualization and editing using natural language and rendered screenshots.
- Automated testing: Enables testers to automate tests resilient to frequent application user interface changes with ScriptAssure technology.
- Data-driven testing: Lets you perform the same series of test actions with a varying set of test data.
- Test scripting: Combines a recorder of user actions with multiple customization options and intelligent script maintenance capabilities.
- Integrations: Integrates with IBM Rational Team Concert and IBM Rational Quality Manager to provide access to work items and logical or compound SCM test asset support.
It was a mixed pleasure to try. Somethings were great. But mapping in a very styled and WPF/XAML rich application, with custom controls, were not possible. So in short.
If you do have a very fancy looking GUI. You might want to look another way.
IBM tells even more about their RFT here: http://www-03.ibm.com/software/products/en/functional